It’s one of the biggest days of your life. You’ve found the dress, now all you need is the perfect pair of vintage wedding shoes to go with it.
Each bride who comes through our door has tales of shoe sourcing woes. Finding the right pair to dance in, to match her 1950s wedding dress, to show her personality and to keep her walking on air … you get the picture.
As a certified shoeaholic, I have ever-growing pages of inspiration, ranging from the simple to the sublime.
Here’s my list of the 20 vintage wedding shoes I love most (right now*) …
1. The Manolo Blahnik “Swan” pump with a 4 inch heel.
2. The Francesca bridal sandal from Emmy of London.
3. These stunning Louboton bridal shoes (pictured below) remind me of 1950s Springolators with their clear plastic vamps.
4. Jewel encrusted ballet flats are the perfect solution for outdoor weddings.
5. Low heeled, golden glitter t-bar heels make a sensibly glamorous choice.
6. We’ve got your 1930s style wedding covered with these beautiful t-bar numbers (pictured below).
7. Blush Pink is a wonderful choice for a 30s or 40s wedding.
8. Ivory lace Mary Jane pumps with a low heel are incredibly versatile.
9. An authentically styled 1920s wedding calls for something a little different.
10. Stunning soft pink shoes with art deco detailing (pictured below).
11. Are they sage or Robin’s egg blue? Either way these vintage peep toes are perfection.
12. Perhaps you’d prefer them in a champagne pink?
13. Simply elegant, these deco style peep toes shoes work with all kinds of vintage looks.
14. Teal velveteen heels are a wonderful way to include your “something blue”.
15. Emmy Shoes do a stunning bejewelled peep toe.
16. Perfect for a 1950s cocktail wedding, this pair is uber-glamorous and starlet-ready (pictured below).
17. Golden girl glamour perfection.
18. Chanel Audrey Hepburn in these pearly bridal flats perfect for the chic 60s bride.
19. For 1940s red carpet worthy glamour, these Badgley Mischka champagne heels are ideal.
20. The ultimate in 1950s style stiletto glamour. Christian Louboton creations in a sheer mesh with crystal embellishments (pictured below).
* Here’s how we handle the “right now” part …
Who knows, by the time you’re reading this, we may have found 10 or 20 new favorites. And no matter what, we’ll keep adding to our collection of dazzling, divine shoe styles for brides and their parties.
Want to keep up with us? Let us know what you think of our picks?
Follow our new Bridal Shoes Board on Pinterest here — and build your own virtual dream shoes rack!